We have our daily Maths sessions every morning. As we are in Year 1 we are looking at larger numbers up to 100 when counting, and calculating with numbers to 20.
Our key areas of learning will be:
· Counting to 100 and then practicing counting backwards.
· Reading and writing numbers to 100.
· Addition and subtraction in different ways within 20.
· Counting in steps of 2, 5 and 10.
· Place value—understanding how many 10s and 1s are in a number.
· Naming and describing 2D and 3D shapes.
· Knowing the pairs of numbers that make 10.
If you would like to know more about the expectations in Maths then check out the link below!