- Recognise each place value of digit in a two-digit number (tens, ones)
- Read and write numbers to at least 100 in numerals and in words
- Count in steps of 2, 3, and 5 from 0, and in tens from any number, forward and backward
- Identify, represent and estimate numbers using different representations, including the number line
- Compare and order numbers from 0 up to 100; use <, > and = signs
- Use place value and number facts to solve problems
Place Value Learning in Class
Time Tables! We are trying hard at finding new ways to learn 2,3,5 and 10 times tables!
Addition and Subtraction
- Recall and use addition and subtraction facts to 20 fluently, and derive and use related facts up to 100
- Add and subtract numbers using concrete objects, pictorial representations, and mentally, including: a two-digit number and ones; a two-digit number and tens; two two-digit numbers; adding three one-digit numbers
- Show that addition of two numbers can be done in any order (commutative) and subtraction of one number from another cannot
- Recognise and use the inverse relationship between addition and subtraction and use this to check calculations and solve missing number problems.
Our addition and subtraction learning!
Multiplication and Division
- Recall and use multiplication & division facts for the 2, 5, 10 tables, including recognising odd and even numbers
- Calculate mathematical statements for multiplication and division within the multiplication tables and write them using the multiplication (×), division (÷) and equals (=) signs
- Show that multiplication of two numbers can be done in any order (commutative) and division of one number by another cannot
- Solve problems involving multiplication and division, using materials, arrays, repeated addition, mental methods, and multiplication and division facts, including problems in contexts.
Our multiplication and division learning