This term we will continue with learning about Properties of Shape, Fractions and Measurement (focusing on length and height)
- Identify and describe the properties of 2-D shapes, including the number of sides and line symmetry in a vertical line
- Identify and describe the properties of 3-D shapes, including the number of edges, vertices and faces
- Identify 2-D shapes on the surface of 3-D shapes [for example, a circle on a cylinder and a triangle on a pyramid]
- Compare and sort common 2-D and 3-D shapes and everyday objects.
- Recognise, find, name and write fractions, one third, one quarter, two quarters and three quarters of a length, shape, set of objects or quantity
- Write simple fractions for example, one half of 6 = 3 and recognise the equivalence of two quarters and one half.
Fraction Learning! - equal and unequal groups!
Measurement - Length and Height
- Choose and use appropriate standard units to estimate and measure length/height in any direction (m/cm); mass (kg/g); temperature (°C); capacity (litres/ml) to the nearest appropriate unit, using rulers, scales, thermometers and measuring vessels
- Compare and order lengths, mass, volume/capacity and record the results using >, < and =